Ben Piazza Outstanding Physical Therapist Award Nominations
The recipient is an active participant in chapter activities and has been a member of the Mississippi Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association for no less than four years. The recipient has shared professional knowledge through the media or community activities. The Physical Therapist receiving this award has also demonstrated deep responsibility and allegiance to the patients entrusted in his/her care.
All nominations for the Ben Piazza award must be submitted no later than October 4, 2019.
- Nominees for the Award must currently be members of the APTA and have been a member for no less than four years.
- Nominees must have made identifiable contributions to the association.
- Nominees must have positively affected the shape, scope, and quality of physical therapy practice.
- Nominees must have made an impact on other physical therapists which has enhanced their abilities to practice.
- Nominees must have shared professional knowledge through community activities.
- Members of the Board of Directors and members of the Awards Committee are not eligible for nomination or consideration for this award.
- Nominations for the Award may be submitted by individual members.
- Nomination Packets must be submitted with the current nomination form provided by the MPTA Awards Program. The current form indicates the year in which the award nomination will be considered. Nomination forms may be photocopied and may be completed typewritten or electronically and may be submitted by mail or email.
- If submitted typewritten: One (1) original nomination packet (typewritten nomination form with original signatures and original supporting documents) and three (3) duplicate collated sets of all material completed and submitted for each nomination must be received by the MPTA Awards Program for consideration for the award in that same year.
- If submitted electronically: One (1) electronic copy with electronic signature (nomination form and supporting documents) must be completed and submitted by one (1) email for each nomination and be received by the MPTA Awards Program for consideration for the award in that same year.
- The nominator is responsible for submitting the following documents as a single award nomination packet. Documents within the same packet must be presented in the following order:
- Current nomination form
- Current resume of the nominee.
- Letter of support by the nominator, which specifically focuses on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the eligibility criteria of this award. Additional information by also be included.
- Incomplete award nomination packets (e.g., no original or electronic signatures, too few letters of support, incorrect nomination form, uncollated materials) will not be eligible for consideration by the Awards Committee and will be returned to the nominator. Extraneous documents will not be considered by the Awards Committee.
- Individuals nominated and not selected for the Award may be nominated in any subsequent year by the completion and submission of a current nomination form and supporting documents.
- Current members of the Board of Directors, Awards Committee or Association staff shall not nominate, write letters of support, or endorse members for this award.
- Send all materials to:
Criteria for Selection
- Contributions should be of exceptional value to the Association.
- May be in the realm of any area of concern to the Association.
- May be those made through an individual’s service on one or more elected or appointed groups, or in one or more elected or appointed positions, or in one or more other capacities.
- Will be judged on the basis of the quality and quantity of their contributions.
- Based upon the quality and duration of the individual’s physical therapy practice.
- Will take into consideration the impact on practice within the state.
- Members of the Nominating Committee, serving as the Awards Committee, will review the nominations, submit the names of all nominees received, and recommend a recipient with a brief supporting statement to the Board of Directors for final approval.
- Members of the Awards Committee who are closely associated with a nominee in either a personal or professional manner in which a conflict of interest may exist will be required to be absent during discussion or correspondence and voting concerning that nominee.
- The decision of the Board of Directors pertaining to the selection of the awardees will be final and reasons for the decision will not be disclosed.
- The award recipient and nominator of the recipient will be notified after the Board of Directors finalizes the selection.
- The nominators of individuals not selected will receive a letter thanking them for their participation.
- The award will be made by the Board of Directors and presented at the MPTA fall meeting.
- An appropriate announcement of the awards will appear in the official publication of the MPTA.
- A plaque will be presented to the recipient.
2019 PTA of the Year Nominations
The PTA of the Year Award will recognize an individual who has made significant contributions to the profession of Physical Therapy or the community.
The recipient has been practicing as a physical therapist assistant and a member of the Mississippi Physical Therapy Association for at least four years. Contributions to the profession of physical therapy may include patient care, education, research or volunteerism in their community. The recipient must demonstrate and maintain high personal and professional standards and serve as a role model for other professionals.
Send all materials to:
Or via mail